1. What are the age and or grade requirements to play in your league?
• Minimum age of 6. 6 year olds play up with 7 year old teams.
• Maximum age of 14.
• Child cannot turn 15 anytime during that calendar year.
2. What are the prices for flag football and for tackle football?
• Flag Football prices – $80.00.
o (Multiple Child Discount- $65 2nd child $55 3rd child)
• Tackle Football prices 2nd grade $200.00, 3rd grade through 8th grade $260.
o (Multiple Child Discount at 2rd – 8th grade $210 2nd child $160 3rd child)
Late registration fee - $20.00 after July 1st
• $35 for camp.
• $75.00 optional buy out from Fall Fundraiser.
3. When do practices start and how often are they?
• Spring Flag Football – practice starts early March and is once or twice a week at the coach’s discretion.
Fall Flag Football - practice starts early August and is once or twice a week at the coach's discretion.
• Tackle Football – practice officially starts July 1st. Practices days and times are Monday, Tuesday, Thursdays from 6-8pm
Cheer Practices are one to two times per week and will be commnicated by your Cheer Coach.
4. When do games start and how long is the season? Flag? Tackle?
• Spring Flag – Games start the first weekend in April and the season ends mid-May.
Fall Flag - Games start the first weekend in September and the season ends mid-October.
• Tackle – Games start the middle of September and Superbowl is mid-November.
5. Where are practices and games held?
• Flag Football – practice locations are typically at Dames Park, check with your coach.
• Tackle – All practices will be held at Dames Park.
• Tackle games are according to schedules… directions to fields are located on our website under "Locations"
6. Can I coach a team?
• All interested Football Coaches should contact Jason Cofer at Cade1388@yahoo.com Cheerleading coaches contact Melissa Walling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. What is provided with my registration? What, if anything extra, do we need to buy?
• Flag Football – Jerseys and Flags are provided. Your child keeps his/her jersey. Your child will wear their own shorts or pants. Mouth pieces are required, but not provided.
Cleats are advised, but not required.
• Tackle football – game pants/practice pants, all pads, personalized Jerseys and football helmets are provided. Your child will be required to wear football cleats, a mouth piece, socks, a protective cup (optional) which is not provided. Your child will keep his/her jersey. All other equipment must be returned.
• Cheerleading – Uniforms, tunics, briefs, and hair bows are provided. Uniforms are kept when the season is over.
9. How do I get a schedule of games and practices?
• Your coach will distribute the schedule as soon as they are available. Game schedules will also be posted on the website.
10. Where do I buy spirit wear?
• Spirit wear is sold at all home tackle games at our spirit wear trailer.
Some Spirit wear can be personalized with your players name and number.
11. What can I do to help?
• Bring all requested copies of birth certificate and medical health insurance card when you register your child. Bring the picture of your child and last grade card that are required.
• Make every effort to have your child at all practices. ON TIME.
• Contact your coach in the event of an absence.
• If you have questions/concerns for the coach, talk to them at practice or call them the day after games.
• Volunteer to be a team parent.
• Offer help to your child’s coach/team parent.
• KEEP YOUR CHILDREN HYDRATED!! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!! WATER OR GATORADE.
• Always display good sportsmanship, and teach your children too, on and off the Field!
• Teach them to win and lose with dignity!
• Volunteer to work the chains or announce at home football games.
• Sign up with your team parent to bring snacks/drinks after the games.
12. What should I bring to equipment handouts for my child?
• Football players – o Bring a copy of birth certificate o A copy of your medical health insurance card o Registration fee o Equipment deposit $150.00 (two separate payments). o A copy of your child’s last report card from school o Recent utility bill will also be required.
• Cheerleaders – o Copy of birth certificate o Copy of your medical insurance card o Registration fee
13. Can I request a certain coach?
• Yes, we will make every effort to meet your request, but due to limitations of team sizes, the request cannot be guaranteed.
14. Is a physical required?
• Yes, it is required for tackle football and cheerleading.
15. Who do I need to contact for information about cheerleading?
• Contact Mellisa Walling.
16. How do I pay? Check, cash, credit card?
• We accept cash, cashiers check, money order, check and Master card and Visa. Automatic payment plans are also available.
17. How will I know if practice is cancelled?
• The website has updated information and your coach or team manager will receive an email from the board as soon as practice/ games are cancelled. OJR also uses twitter and facebook.
18. Select the “Contacts” Tab to request additional information.